Frequently asked questions about our services
COVID-19 Health & Hygiene Updates
We are committed to delivering the Vanism experience you know and love in an environment that promotes and protects the well-being of all of us. We are following official guidance from the Infection Prevention and Control Canada (IPAC) and Ottawa Public Health in order to support the health and well being of all stakeholders, and thus would like to re-emphasize that the safety of our patients, staff and all of our visitors is our main priority.
At this time, no changes have been made to our spa’s schedule or hours of operation. Should we need to postpone or cancel appointments, we will contact you by telephone or email.
As you know, we keep our facility, products, and tools very clean and of high hygiene standards following our regular sanitization procedures. Still, as the situation continues to evolve, we have taken additional below measures. Some of them include:
- Regularly disinfecting all high traffic touch surfaces including desks, displays, computers, debit terminals, phones, light switches, beds and modalities with highly efficient disinfectants
- Increasing the accessibility of hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes
- Actively screening all clients and employees
- Ensuring our employees have the information they need to stay healthy or stay at home if they are feeling unwell
- Requesting all customers to sanitize or wash hands prior to services
All employees have been trained to uphold and practice all of these measures we have put in place.
What nail polish brands do you use?
Currently we are using OPI and AZURA two of the best brands out there. They are chosen thanks to their consistently high quality, variety of lovely color choices, lowest to none negative impacts, and reasonable pricing.
Do nails need to breathe?
Nails don’t need to breath. However, taking polish breaks is a must. We care about our customer wellbeing, so we will advise you what to do best for your nails. Call or visit us to talk to one of our experts for free.
What do the number 1,2,3 and 4 mean in dipping powder process?
1 Dip Prep: First step to get your nails clean and clear for best Dip Powder results.
2 Dip Base: Adheres the color powder in place.
3 Dip Activator: lock in the bong between the base and your color powder
4 Dip Top: The final layer that seals your dipping powder colors for beautiful long-lasting results.
Do eyelash extensions ruin your natural lashes?
First and foremost, applying eyelash extension is completely safe for your natural lashes, if it’s done right. There are many factors to it, but most importantly, glues, the techniques of the artists, and the procedure they follow. Be sure not to rub your eyes or tug or pull on the extensions because this can cause lash loss and even damage to your natural lashes. Talk to us today to find out more about our high quality products and the standardized procedures we follow.
Can you wear eyeliner with eyelash extensions?
Yes, you can but liquid, cream, and pencil liners are risky with eyelash extensions. Oil-based liquid eyeliners are not recommended as oil can weigh down the lashes and result in premature loss of the extensions.
How long does 3d Microblading eyebrows last?
Microblading typically lasts 1,5-2 years, depending on skin type and skincare routine.
What are pros of 3D microblading?
- Short of eyebrow extensions
- Eyebrow embroidery is the most natural-looking way of correcting sparse or uneven eyebrows, without the fear of losing hair
How do I remove shellac nail polish from my nails?
- Taking a small piece of cotton in the acetone nail polish remover set it on your fingernail and wrap the fingertip in aluminum foil.
- Waiting for 5 minutes.
What is better shellac or gel?
A gel manicure and a Shellac manicure are the same thing: long-lasting polishes cured under UV or LED lamps.